As summer 2018 approaches, Alex Fuchs alongside Harper’s Bazaar predicts summer’s biggest and most loved hairstyles for this season!
From messy buns to 60s inspired fringes and the influence from the 90s, get your pen and paper ready for your next hair appointment!
1. The Messy Bun – as seen on Megan Markle at Wimbledon. It’s a very soft look suitable for most face shapes and an easy style everyone can do themselves, so that’s why it’s ideal for summer.
Your Perfect Product: Powder Spray
2. A must for summer to change up your hair looks, is the long textured 60s inspired fringe as seen on Gigi Hadid. Brigitte Bardot’s bangs make a comeback over and over again, nearly every year as it is flattering look and can also be swiped to the side!
Your Perfect Product: Formule Laque
3. Now, some hairstyles never go out of fashion. But this year Alex predicts the classic big bouncy blow-wave is coming in red hot for this summer, one of Amal Clooney’s signature looks. After months of using curling tongs, Alex can’t wait to create natural looking healthy hair with a round-brush. The perfect summer look, glamorous & natural!
Your Perfect Product: Glossing Spray
4. If you’re looking for the ultimate summer/beach look, Naturally air dried beach textured hair is your go-to look. Hailey Baldwin at this year’s Met Gala is your hair inspiration this season. Alex says, we are steering away from the overly curly waves we have seen for a long time now. So because of that, applying some sea salt spray in your naturally wavy hair to bring out the texture is a great alternative and will be a summer trend.
Your perfect product: Beach Effect Styling Spray
5. Who doesn’t love a scrunchie? The retro style high ponytail as seen on Bella Hadid at this year’s Coachella is making a comeback. Who would believe that? Mix up your style, sassy with a side of sweet this summer!
Your Perfect Product: Therm-O-Flat